Wednesday 4 August 2010

To Cut A Long Story Short

Rock At The Castle (or RATCastle) went off very well.  After listening to the weather predictions the day before, and looking out of the window before I left, I was just a bit concerned it was going to be a wet one.  Now, obviously, having been to Glastonbury a couple of times I am used to standing in the pouring rain, with mud covered wellies,  listening to bands who choose to  ignore the fact that they run the risk of imminent electrocution, all for the greater good.  However, on Sunday, while the sun didn't exactly shine, at least it didn't rain. There was some great music, and everyone seemed to have a really good time.
I thought I'd make a photo collage of the bands, predominantly Sweet Sister, obviously, but I've included some of the other bands  too, not wishing to appear biased.   
It was a really good day, and hopefully the organisers will have collected a nice lot of money.  

On an entirely different subject, I don't know if it's just me, but if ever I go off to do any arty-crafty weekends or courses, the blokes at work always say "how did your crochet class go?"  It's a particular source of annoyance to me - as I'm sure they are only too well aware -  because although I have always painted, knitted, and stitched - I couldn't actually crochet.  I wasn't really too worried about this, until I started reading Lucy's blog and saw the wonderful things she creates with yarn, and a crochet hook.  So, last week I went to Jolie at Walkern, the beautiful shop that sells knitting pattern books and wonderful yarns and pretties and lots more besides.  There were only two of us students - so we had constant individual attention from Linda, who taught us all the basic stitches. Dany kept us constantly fed, with coffee and biscuits, and then a lovely lunch, and then tea and cake.  Oh, and I did finally learn to crochet.  Not only did I make a Granny square on the day - I came home and made some more ....
I do love pink and orange together.  And, as I've been up to London again today, I've nearly finished another one on the train.  I think they're going to be a cushion when they grow up.  
I nearly forgot, whilst we were busy learning to crochet, a man put his head through the window (no injuries sustained, thankfully, the window was open),  and said "Hello Girls"  I thought, "Blimey, that bloke looks just like Tony (Spandeau Ballet) Hadley.  Then Linda said "Hello Tony"  and it was him!  I didn't get a photo, so you'll just have to take my word for it.  So, if you're a potential Tony Hadley stalker, best you get yourself down to Jolie and book a few courses, and maybe he'll turn up again.  And, if he doesn't, at least you'll have learnt some new skills and had a delicious lunch.
I had thought I might make my squares into a blanket, but I recently inherited a large quantity of knitted oblongs (it's a long story) so I might sew those up into a blanket instead. 
 

They are in different widths and lengths, so it's going to take a bit of working out, but it will certainly be colourful when it's finished.

1 comment:

  1. I see what you mean about the blanket squares! Lovely day yesterday... and I managed another crochet stripe on the train home!

    ReplyDelete