Wednesday 13 July 2011

Imelda

Sadly my old camera never recovered from it's soaking a few weeks ago, so I did a bit of research and decided to replace it with a similar one but upgraded - and I'm really pleased with it. It's only a little digital but it's got a pretty good zoom on it.  So I took it with me to the Imelda May gig at Somerset House last night - a great venue if the weather is good, and luckily it was.   If it had looked like it might rain I wouldn't have taken the new camera, and I had a plastic bag and a brolly on standby JUST in case.  
The venue looks really magical when the sun goes down and the lights come on (especially when they're pink)
Imelda has an amazing voice and and the whole band are great performers -  I love it when the band members look as if they are enjoying themselves.
Anyway, no more chat - I'll just try to impress you with my photographs.  No great skill involved on my part, it's all down to the camera being idiot proof.  Well, apart from the idiot next to me who kept waving her arms about from side to side, but I managed to dodge her now and then.


Just to prove I wasn't THAT close ...
Get the facial expression of the guy on the double bass





IMELDA - Mark Knopfler 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely pink building,there really should be more of them. Great photos x

    ReplyDelete