Thursday 16 February 2012

Snowdrops

I'm so pleased it was bright and sunny today - I had a friend coming over, and I wanted to take her to Benington Lordship for the snowdrop walk.  After all the snow, today was the first day that they've been able to open the gardens.
Apparently, they have over 200 varieties.  Not sure I could really tell the difference, but I'll take their word for it.

I love this house - they filmed a BBC version of Just William here a couple of years ago.

I'm a bit of a fan of knot gardens, or maybe it's "partial to a parterre".  And I like the splash of red from the shrub in the background.
More snowdrops ...
And giant snowdrops ...
and not just snowdrops, but hellebores too
On a completely different note, how about these two lovely little plates I found in a charity shop yesterday.  They are tiny - smaller than saucers.  But just right for a little fairy cake.  Sorry, we ate the cakes before I thought to take a picture.

Snowdrops - The Pineapple Thief

1 comment: