Saturday 25 May 2013

Stormy May Day

On Thursday I went over to St Albans to meet an old friend I hadn't seen for ages, and I wore a refashioned denim dress.  Not a great photo, but I covered the yoke with a piece of vintage-y floral fabric, and replaced the original denim pockets with patch pockets in the same floral cotton.
Friday, instead of knitting, I met up with Pam and Val at Art Van Go to heckle Gina, who was one of five artists working in the studio, demonstrating their various textile art techniques and chatting to visitors.  
As I am running out of outfits, and of days left in May, come to that, I pushed the boat out and wore a refahioned skirt.  I bought it last year, where it was the last one on the sale rail.  Unfortunately, it was a Size 8 - and as I haven't been a Size 8 since I was Age 8 - I didn't think I'd ever wear it, but it was only £6 and I loved the fabric so much I thought I could do something with it.  Anyway, once I got it home and thought about it, I realised that it was so gathered, I could unpick the waistband and gathers and re-gather it (only less so) so that it fitted.  
And I'm jolly glad that yet again I wore thick tights and boots and took a brolly - it was was freezing cold and absolutely threw it down with rain almost as soon as I left home. Some summer this is turning out to be.

Today we had a meeting of the Young Embroiderers, so I wore one of the summer dresses that has been hanging up in anticipation of a bit of sunshine.  I've given up waiting for it now though, so I wore it with a long sleeve top underneath, thick tights and boots and a cardie.
I'll try NOT to mention the weather anymore, but it does make it easier to find song titles for the posts.

Stormy May Day - ACDC

2 comments: