Sunday 27 April 2014

Glitter and Gold

I've had a lovely week - on Thursday I went on a workshop at Art Van Go with Angie Hughes, entitled "Inspired by Klimt"  - plenty of opportunity for a bit of glitz and glitter there.  Angie showed us what we could create using velvets, silks, bondaweb, transfoils and sweetie papers (and there's always plenty of those in my house, as you know) plus a bit of added glitter and sparkle.
After lunch, when we had created our background, we began the free machine embroidery - and everyone had some beautiful pieces to continue stitching into at home.

The next two are mine - I seem to have moved from little hearts to little houses ..
Oh tell a lie, the hearts are still there ...
A lovely workshop - AND I got to wear one of my exhibition pieces -
Glitter and Gold - The Turtles

1 comment:

  1. What lovely work with a lovely tutor! Your dress doesn't look bad either!

    ReplyDelete