Friday 27 March 2015

Gimme Stitches

Myself and my friend Lynn live miles apart and consequently don't see each other that often, but now and again we take the opportunity to book onto a workshop to have a lovely day being creative and catching up.  So, on Wednesday we met up at Art Van Go at Knebworth to take part in a machine embroidery workshop led by Alex Waylett.
Even better - we only needed to take our machines and threads, as Alex supplied a huge rainbow of fabulous fabrics, not to mention extra threads for us to use and glitz in the form of sequin and beads etc.
Firstly we chose our fabrics, then we snipped, layered and machine stitched, using zig zag and automatic patterns. We then made the resulting sumptuous fabric into little freestanding 'boxes' 
There was enough fabric left to make cards with the off cuts

A lovely way to spend a day - and now I'd better do my Spectrum homework before Wednesday.

Gimme Stitches - Foo Fighters

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And while you are doing your homework I need to get on and do my cooking prep that I had planned for today. I've only done one thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed catching up with your textile posts. From your paper doll dress to McQueen to this course. I did weaving at college but don't do it now. I could try a bit of machine embroidery. But usually turn to crochet for therapy, ease and convenience.

    ReplyDelete