Saturday 14 May 2016

MMM 2016 - Day 14

Usually when I see my friend Fiona, we meet at a point midway between us, and spend a few hours drinking coffee, eating cake and shopping.  Well, to be strictly true, I don't really shop, I just bully her into buying things.  It works for us.
Today, though, I went over to her house, and met up with three of her boys.  It's been a very different kind of Saturday for me - playing games sitting in front of the television frantically pressing buttons on a control.  I took part in my first ever game of FIFA - I was Argentina, but surprisingly they weren't blessed with their usual success.  
I blame this on (a) the fact that as a alleged grown up, I thought it was only fair to let the boys win, and (b) they didn't tell me what all the knobs on the control were for.  
I'll be more prepared next time.
I was also introduced to Minecraft.  Now what's all THAT about?  The blurb says "Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures. Explore randomly generated worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles"
Mmm....  we seemed to have a large hotel, with ladders instead of lifts, and cows randomly roaming about in reception, chased by a manic farmer dressed in a tuxedo.  Think 'The Archers' meets 'Crossroads' 
By the end of it I felt very confused and a bit dizzy.  Doesn't anyone do Blow Football or Fuzzy Felt anymore? 
Next time I'm taking a supply of knitting needles and yarn - and let's just see how they get on with knitting socks.

Anyway, after a spot of lunch, we took the two youngest, James and George, to the park for their tennis session, followed by a bit of skateboarding.  Obviously by now, I was in my element.  
To give credit where it's due, they were pretty good, 

But not a patch on me - I left them standing .....
But then I was wearing my go-faster Agnes Apples and Pears top, with my skater girl denim cardie.
Tony Hawk, eat your heart out.

3 comments:

  1. Fuzzy Felt. Yes. Blow football not so much. But I would like to learn how to ride a skateboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuzzy Felt. Yes. Blow football not so much. But I would like to learn how to ride a skateboard.

    ReplyDelete