Wednesday 4 May 2016

MMM 2016 - Day 4

I wasn't going anywhere special today so I wore one of my TATB Coco dresses and my original pair of SewOverIt Ultimate trousers 
I love the Coco pattern and I've worn this dress loads, which means it's no longer one of my 'best dresses' and I was even doing a bit of gardening in it this afternoon.  I made the trousers at a workshop at the Islington SewOverIt shop.  I'm not 100% happy with the fit, although it's loads better than some other patterns I've tried, and worn with a long tunic-y top they're ok.  
I would LOVE to get a perfectly fitting trouser pattern that I could make over and over, but I think it's a way off.  I've had a few goes at perfecting the pattern, but I'm still on a quest for the Holy Grail of trousers.

In fact, if I was ever a contestant on that Shane Richie lottery programme on Saturdays, when they get to pick their own prizes, I'd play for a fitting session with a Savile Row tailor (Patrick Grant would do) to make me a perfectly fitting pair of trousers, together with my personalised pattern.


3 comments:

  1. Like that top, clever girl with your dressmaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that top too. Just looked at the Pinterest board via their site. So many possibilities. Oh for more time. Then I could make all my own clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't keep up with all these posts from you! Reminds me I must make more tops with this pattern. I fancy some shorter sleeved versions for summer.

    ReplyDelete