Wednesday 25 May 2016

MMM 2016 - Days 24 and 25

Ooops - I took a photo yesterday but then forgot to post it.  Anyway, I wore a blue and white polka dot Colette Laurel made ages ago, shortened twice into a tunic.  
Nothing else to say about it really - never been happy about the neckline, too wide and it gaps a bit at the back neck - I have made adjustments to rectify future versions.
Today I met up with my friend Debs at the V&A to see the Botticelli Reimagined exhibition.  Don't let me put you off if you are keen to see it, but we were a bit underwhelmed.  We've been so impressed by previous exhibitions - Club to Catwalk, Hollywood Costumes, Wedding dresses, and particularly 'Bowie Is' and Alexander McQueen so maybe we expected too much of this, or maybe it was just not to our tastes - when you've seen a dozen 'Madonna and Child' you've seen them all in my humble opinion.  I have to say that the colours were brilliant though, considering that they were painted in the 1400's.
Still there was fun to be had, even for a non-intellectual art lover - a very nice lunch and a catch up with Debbie who I only get to see a couple of times a year, a wander in the shop
A 'shellfie' .....
and Gill as Venus in a star spangled Camber ....
'after Botticelli's Venus' ...
Not that you can really see anything of my dress in the photos, but here's a close up of the lovely fabric, a Liberty Wool Challis from Backstitch
This dress is hot off the machine - I only finished it yesterday, and I think its set to be a favourite.


2 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shellfie - that's just set me up for the day. Feeling very inadequate with all your mbmm outfits! I've got my one summer dress from last year (mind you, do like it!)

    ReplyDelete